Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mrs. Brown's Album

Hunter had a terrific teacher this year, Mrs. Brown! Amazingly, it was Mrs. Brown's first official class. She seemed like a veteran teacher with all of her fabulous ideas and calm control of the class. I was always amazed at how well-behaved her class was. I volunteered in the classroom once a week and went on a couple of field trips with them. I could see the treasure in her!


Because I felt so good about her as a teacher, I couldn't let the year pass without documenting her first year for her. I knew it would mean a lot to her, and so I compiled my favorite friend quotes and snapped some photos of the kids having fun and got to work.

I anxiously awaited Hunter coming home from school so that I could ask him what her reaction was. When he finally got home, he told me that she said "thank you." It was a little anti climactic. I should have known better, because a couple of weeks into the summer, Hunter and I received a very heart felt note from her saying how she cries each time she looks at it.


{The photos were probably taken at midnight as you can see by the lack of natural lighting!}













Mrs. Brown, it was a joy doing this for you! I hope you'll always treasure your first year as we will always treasure you!

No comments: