Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day because there are lots of opportunities to make fun things for those you love best! We started the day off with a very rushed breakfast (thanks to 9 am church!) of pink cherry heart pancakes.

When the kids got up, they sheepishly said with big grins, "we knew you were making those for us, Mom." So much for the element of surprise. Those kids have no idea how lucky they are.
Even Alex got creative. He made these origami roses for his girlfriend. Very crafty and clever!


We had a fun Valentine Dinner at the church on Friday. The decorating committee was brilliant; they assigned people to decorate these giant poster board hearts, then they put them up all over the gym. It looked great!

I added tulle and lace to the border and printed off a vintage valentine picture. I used some black and cream patterned paper ad added a few embellies. The words were cut with my cricut.


My Valentine for the one I love. I had a little trouble putting the micro beads on the key. It just didn't cover very well. I'm going to have to play with this. My chipboard Y was missing, so I had to cut off part of an x. DH didn't really get the message. I had to explain it to him "key to your heart . . . "




"...is through your stomach!" He loves Arby's (he got that part ;).





A little Fry box altered for my BDD (big dear daughter) My BDS got one of these too.






The three younger ones got Target mailboxes altered to match their rooms. These were quick little jobs.


Fun Cosmo Cricket robots!



Fun day of love and giving!

No comments: