Friday, February 19, 2010

Brave Mom Flower Card



My friend just sent her son on his mission to Arizona. She was brave. I hope to be like her some day.
Since I am teaching a technique class on paper flowers next weekend at Crop Because You Care to benefit the Epilepsy Association of Utah, I thought I had better start practicing. These are fun and very easy.
Accordion Flowers: Cut paper 1 1/4 by 12 and fold back and forth. Attach ends and flatten. Squeeze center together tightly. I cut a circle and put a large Zots and stuck it to the folds to hold secure.
Fringe Flower: Cut a 2 by 12 inch strip of paper. Fold in half. Cut fringe all along the unfolded edge. Scrunch the fringe to make it fluffy. Put a little adhesive along the folded edge and roll.
Let me know if these instructions don't make sense, or you would like more info.
Spring is coming, even to Idaho! The crocuses are starting to peak their little green heads out through the snow. They were bread to be hearty little things. I wish I was as hearty in the snow.

No comments: